Sunday, January 06, 2013

Sunday Random 10

Happy New Year! Did this morning's random ten while waiting in line to wash the road salt off one of TWDQ's fleet vehicles.

With the NHL lockout ending, we're no longer sad to type this play on the Minnesota Wild's traditional game opener:

Let's...Hit...Shuffle!


The Suburbs - Monster Man
Jeremy Messersmith - Breaking Down
Crowded House - Pineapple Head
Buddy Miller - My Love Will Follow You
The Clash - The Card Cheat
Joe Henry - I Flew Over Our House Last Night
Hank Williams - I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love with You)
Wilco - I'm a Wheel
World Party - Strange Groove
Yes - I've Seen All Good People:  Your Move/All Good People (live)

Bonus 11:  The Who - Baba O'Riley

The fine new album from Suburb Chan Poling's new band, The New Standards, arrived in the mail last week. We got into Jeremy Messersmith's brilliantly-crafted pop last summer. Bunch of solid country in this, between the criminally-underrated Buddy Miller, Joe Henry covering Tom T. Hall, and ol' Hank himself.

We now return you to This Week's Discussion Question ("Is there a bigger bag of hammers in sports than Gary Bettman?"), already in progress.

No comments: