Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Crazy Train

The great Charles Pierce concludes a post at TAPPED with this: "In short, I have seen me a few theological goat-ropings in my time, but I have never in all my Papist years read anything the likes of this." He then poses what we'll put forth as This Week's Discussion Question:

Why the Christ -- you should pardon the expression -- couldn't that twit Constantine leave us Christians in the catacombs where we belonged instead of taking us public so the crazy people could buy shares?

Please keep the discussion civil and do not wander off into "Hell, at least Mel Gibson can claim he was drunk" or "Damn, how can I get me a career in the lucrative field of Talking Out One's Arse?"

Discuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting.....Hmmm.... So when did Christianity really IPO?? Stock symbol WWJD?? I guess the Catholic church cashed in all their options earlier on, and they're sitting on a pile of cash...maybe time to pay a dividend to the shareholders.
When the IPO came out, it must have been traded at an increasingly higher valuation like google, where only the wealthy were able to vote their shares for influence. Within a few hundered years, there were many spinoffs of the origional IPO, symbols like LUT, BAP, MDST, ANG began trading on their own. Due to the increased competition the share prices have fallen and many have been able to purchase shares, especially as they get closer to retirement.